If you are a member of the press and have questions about Springhill Senior Living, its residents or would like a tour of the campus, please contact Eric Anderson, Director of Communications, Asbury Communities, at 301-250-2057.
1. Established in 1989, Springhill is an Erie, Pa.-based continuing care retirement community (CCRC) that offers a vibrant retirement lifestyle paired with a secure plan for the future. Springhill is the only nationally accredited CCRC in northwestern Pennsylvania.
2. Springhill is part of Asbury, the 17th largest not-for-profit system of continuing care retirement communities in the United States, operating eight communities in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma and Tennessee. In 2015, Asbury held $88.4 million in reserves and posted net operating revenues of $189 million.
3. Approximately 285 people age 55-plus live at Springhill.
4. Many of Springhill’s approximately 270 associates work in hospitality-related or health-care positions.
5. Residents of Springhill have access to the Asbury Foundation’s Benevolent Care program, which provides support for residents who deplete their financial resources through no fault of their own.
6. The campus includes 124 apartment homes, 36 garden homes, 33 personal care suites, 60 skilled care suites, and 20 memory support suites, both private and shared.
7. Springhill’s residential living options include seven floor plans with a wide range of prices and entrance fees. All residences offer maintenance-free living.
8. The 24-hour ForestView Health Care Center skilled nursing center is Medicare- and Medicaid-certified, with priority access for Springhill residents and direct admission available to those coming from area hospitals and rehabilitation centers. Assistance is available on an ongoing basis or for short-term care after surgery, illness or as respite to relieve a caregiver. Asbury Home Services offers licensed home care and supportive services to residents in their homes.
9. Less than 10 minutes from Lake Erie, Springhill is located on 45 wooded acres with walkways and trails spanning the property, a pond, outdoor gardens and greenhouse. Other amenities include a library, full-service restaurant, café with outdoor dining patio, computer lab, two privately operated salons, community room, fitness center and underground parking garage.
All Asbury Communities’ campuses utilize a multi-dimensional wellness program focusing on six components; physical, intellectual, spiritual, vocational, emotional and social.
10. Construction at Springhill started in 1989 by the Hamot Health Foundation. In 2001, Springhill affiliated with Asbury.